Tuesday 2 August 2016

Cooking, Archery and Singing!!

So this past week I've been with another Iron Chefs camp, but I can actually say that it was a really different experience from the first time I did it. We got to make some much cooler things with the kids which was really fun! For cookout dinner we made Pad Thai and we also made our own guacamole and hummus! Needless to say I ate really well for the week and it made a nice change from the camp food!

All the girls were really good fun and they enjoyed it so much they got very emotional when they had to leave. I love being able to have a positive impact on girls, it really makes this job 100% my favourite thing ever!

This weekend was Me and my Guy camp where dads and daughters come to experience camp together which I think is a lovely idea. They participate in all the different camp activities and it's really nice to see them getting to spend time with their family! The weather was pretty horrible on Saturday so many of the activities were cancelled however one of the dads managed to get his hands on one the radios we use to communicate around camp. The dad then radioed to the archery field (which was meant to be me at that time) to shoot archery. I got absolutely soaked teaching archery but I have never seen dads and daughters have so much fun so it was definitely worth it!

We were all then given about 22 hours off so I got invited out to a meal with one of my camp friends Schmem and her mum, we ended up going to a local Italian restaurant which was really yummy! I got to sleep in late and then do some other cool out of camp stuff!

Right now I'm on break from my new camp, Drama Queens so this should be an interesting camp session!

Think that's it for now!

Happy Reading!
Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment