Saturday 23 July 2016

Major blog catch up!

Last weekend was Stay Over Weekend - we had 13 girls that stayed to have a chilled weekend at camp and we did some cool things. On Friday evening we had a cookout and ate Mac N Cheese which was really yummy! Then we headed to the pool and spent the evening splashing around and having some fun time!

On the Saturday we headed to Moraine State Park for a the tortoise talk and then headed to the beach for some swimming. It was a really chilled day and I know the girls really enjoyed it!

on Sunday I was given my 24 hour break as I was given the camp "Thrill Seekers 2.0" which involved a lot of trips out of camp so I needed to fit my break in before then. It was great, I got to sleep a lot thn hung out a lot and then in the evening went out for dinner and a trip to Walmart with Skeeter - that was fun!

I returned to my unit in Monday morning and got to meet the girls I would be spending the week with, they were really nice! We did some normal camp activities and then got ready for the trip the next day. We were heading to a parkour gym (we basically jumped off things!) It was definitely a fun and eventful day! We then headed back to camp in the afternoon!

Tuesday was the day we had to get up at 5.30 in order to leave camp at 6.45 and travel to Ohiopyle for Rock Climbing. We all slept on the bus in anticipation for the rock climbing on a natural rock face. It was really fun but definitely hard work! I have never ached so much in my life! After rock climbing all day, we had another trip to West Virginia to stay at a Girl Scout camp called Roy Weller. It was really nice! Also, I have never been to West Virginia so I am now able to cross that off my list!

The night we slept in a lodge which was definitely a luxury! However, we weren't there long as we had to get up at 6.30 in order to leave by 7.45! We then had an hour drive to the Rafting place. When we arrived we did paperwork then headed out on our 4 hour adventure! The water level was slightly too low so we had to go in individual rafts, that was definitely and experience! But we got a lot more confident as the day went on. I did make one giant mistake... I forgot to wear sunscreen so I am burnt from my head to my toes! Anyway, after the rafting we made our way back to camp.

Yesterday the girls checked out and we have the weekend off to get ready for the next group of girls! I have another Iron Chefs camp so that will be interesting to compare it to last time!

All for now, here's for a day of relaxation!

Happy Reading and sorry I haven't had time to write in a while!

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment