Tuesday 5 July 2016

camp(s) and 4th of July!

I'm sorry I'm sorry.... I know I haven't updated my blog in a while but it's been a hectic week! 

I had a group of Iron Chef girls coming in on Monday which, clue from the name, involves cooking - which I think the girls and I really enjoyed! They got to make scones, rocky road bars, smoothies and had a "cake off" and a tea party to celebrate all of the fab baking they had done! Not to mention that the cookouts were by the far the best I've had so far this summer... Mostly because we got to cook on an oven rather than over the fire!!!! Everything cooks way too slow on the fire!! It's been great to see the girls grow over the week, we had 3 first time Redwingers this time and they all couldn't wait to apply to come back next summer, meaning I have done my job in spreading the amazingness of my favourite place to others! 

Straight after the girls left on Friday a Mom and me camp came in... It was exhausting! I do like these types of camps as you don't have to be in charge of campers 24/7 but it's hard to form the same type of bond with the kids when they're mums are around. Because of this, we are they to facilitate the activities the mum's and girls do which is pretty fun! We also get to do some things that we don't normally do on a weekly basis. 

Unfortunately, some of our cooks were away and some of the jobs on the rota were to help in the kitchen.... Guess who got that job.... This guy! So on Saturday evening me and two other counsellors prepped dinner for over 70 people.... I have never chopped so many heads of lettuce in my life! Anyway needless to say the 1 hour slot turned into 3 hours after serving everyone and washing all the dishes up! We were exhausted! We had a small break and then got back out to being with the mum's and kids for a hoedown!

Sunday soon came and all the mum's and daughters packed up and left. We cleaned and had a staff meeting... After that, Scooby and I left pretty swiftly in order to have as much time off as possible! We arrived back at her house where we ran some errands and then had a barbecue with her parents which was really lovely. We then chilled in the garden and had a fire in the evening. 

Today is 4th July! Happy Independance Day America! I have done literally nothing all day and it has been great! We took Scooby's dog Nala for a walk and then chilled around the house all day doing fun stuff, it's been really lovely to relax and spend time with one of my closest friends! 

Tomorrow a new camp week starts! I have a canoe and riding camp which should be good!

Hope to update soon!

Happy Reading!

Charlotte xx



No comments:

Post a Comment