Monday 6 June 2016

Finally have WiFi!!!!

Hey Everyone!!

I haven't been ignoring my blog, I just have not had wifi yet! But I'm all good and well and have arrived home to Redwing! Yay!

I'll backtrack a little, I arrived in Pittsburgh around 6pm and my best friend/ pretty much my older sister Scooby surprised me by meeting me at the airport! She was of course greeted by a HUGE bear hug!!!

When my bag finally arrived from the plane we headed out of the airport. Scooby was driving me straight to one of the other Girl Scout camps in the area; Singing Hills for me to stay and do canoe and archery training. Little did I know she going to surprise me again and tell me that she would be staying at Singing Hills with me for the weekend! That was also great as I got to catch up on all the gossip!

Friday and Saturday were the days which I took part in canoe training, which was really fun! I was told I was a natural but I knew I wouldn't have an issue because of my rowing. The first day we learnt about the parts of a canoe and safety tips, then in the afternoon we headed to the lake that Singing Hills use to do their canoeing. We were able to practise all our new skills.... Plus learn how to capsize and get back in.... So I got very wet but it was really fun!

On the Saturday some people then moved onto the Level 2 part which is the canoe training for moving water, so we got to go on a canoe trip! That was really fun!! Although my arms and legs were soooo tired after! And good news, I passed!

I got to meet the new international staff which was good and I've been handing down my knowledge to them! On Sunday, we all took part in Archery training level 1, I liked this but not as much as the canoeing, it's definitely not a sport I'm as interested in. But all the same, I met the directors and staff from some of the other camps and we had a fun time, with lots and lots of laughs. One of which may have involved a plastic shark but that's another story!

After Archery we pretty much left straight away for Redwing, but not before we had to manage to fit 4 suitcases, 4 plastic storage containers, 2 full sized mannequins, 5 people and a few extra bits. Safe to say we were wedged pretty tight into the van!!

We arrived at Redwing around 8.30 and have been chilling and catching up for the rest of the evening which has been really cool!

Tomorrow is looking like a chilled day with some other staff arriving to start leadership training, meaning myself and the other internationals will begin to open camp up - woo!

So glad I have finally arrived at Redwing, it feels great to be back!

I think I have pretty much caught you guys up in everything!

Happy Reading!
Charlotte xx

No comments:

Post a Comment